The Research Report stems from the project entitled: To Promote ‘Living Well Together’ and Counter Resident-to-Resident Mistreatment: Improving Community Living in private retirement residences.
It is the result of the first of three stages of this project, i.e., to conduct a needs assessment to develop a program promoting wellness and countering resident-to-resident bullying in private retirement residences (PRR).
The research included the participation of three groups of stakeholders in participating PRR:
- Residents who have experienced or witnessed situations of bullying;
- Employees and managers ;
- 3) Outside intervenors who have directly dealt with this type of situation or with residents who have been a target of bullying from other residents.
The report deals with :
- Manifestations of bullying situations between residents, specifically those who were targeted.
- Resolution processes of bullying situations between residents.
- Practices in place in residences to counter resident-to-resident bullying and promote wellness.
- Recommendations from the three groups of stakeholders to develop a program promoting wellness and countering bullying.
This report is available for download free of charge (Only in French for now).