The Research Chair will host a webinar on June 14, 2021, in honour of the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (May 2021)
Themes: Awareness Conference COVID-19
Each year, the Research Chair on Mistreatment of Older Adults organises awareness-raising activities to participate in this worldwide event held on June 15.
In collaboration with the government’s Regional Coordinator in the fight against mistreatment in the Montréal and Montérégie regions, a webinar, open to the public, will be held on June 14, 2021. Its principal theme is the mistreatment of older adults in the context of the pandemic.
Particular attention will be given to ageism and social isolation as fertile grounds for mistreatment and the actions that may prevent it.
Here is the information needed to join us:
- Date and time: June 14, 2021, from 11:45 am to 1 pm
- Platform: Follow this link: Teams
- Webinar Host: Marie Beaulieu, Chairholder
- Cost: Free
- Language: Only in French
- Opening remarks – 10 minutes
- Ms. Beaulieu’s presentation– approximately 30 minutes
- Exchange of ideas – 25 minutes
- Closing Remarks – 5 minutes
- Have your questions ready in advance!