Welcome to the website of the Research Chair on Mistreatment of Older Adults. You are interested in the production of knowledge on the phenomenon of mistreatment of older adults, the transfer of such knowledge to practice settings and the general public: this website is for you. You are looking for the state of the evidence of the knowledge in Quebec, Canada and around the world: this website offers answers.
Since the winter of 2010-2011, the Chair has been aiming to increase knowledge on the prevention, the detection and the interventions that can counter mistreatment of older adults. More specifically, the Chair aims to:
- Develop on one hand, theoretical, empirical and practical (praxeological) knowledge on the factors of vulnerability and risk factors associated with mistreatment; and on the other hand, on the impact of mistreatment.
- Train highly qualified personnel likely to better counter mistreatment of older adults and to better understand its issues.
- Formulate an evaluative research program of the most diversified, complementary and effective actions (prevention, detection and intervention) to prevent and counter mistreatment.
- Disseminate the results to the scientific community, transfer them to the practice community (particularly by the training of practitioners)
- Use the Chair as a financial lever to obtain additional funding to go deeper into each of the above mentioned orientations.
We invite you to regularly consult our website to stay abreast of the latest activities at the Chair and in the domain of the prevention of mistreatment of older adults.
Enjoy your visit!