The project pursued six objectives:
- To cast a critical eye on awareness practices in community organizations;
- To identify the impediments to and the enablers of demands for help in in situations of mistreatment in different older adults’ living environments;
- To develop a practices guide to maximize awareness activities on mistreatment and bullying of older adults. The guide is addressed to: 1) administrative personnel and coordinators of community organizations and 2) to all those offering awareness activities.
- To evaluate the acceptability of the guide in community organizations fighting against mistreatment and bullying of older adults;
- In the light of facts arising from the evaluation, produce a final version of the practices guide;
- To distribute the practices guide.
Almost 450 older adults took part in this project, either by means of a questionnaire or by group interviews. The finished guide has two volumes:
To consult the guide directed to administrative personnel and coordinators of community organizations, please click on this link:
To consult the 2nd volume addressed to individuals, volunteers and employees involved with awareness-raising in community organizations, please click on the link below:
The official version in French was published in November 2018. The English version will be available in July 2019.
Over the course of the next few months, several conferences will be held and several reports will be published in order to disseminate the knowledge gained from the project.