This year, because of the Chair’s renewal, due to the implementation of the second Governmental Action Plan to Counter Mistreatment of Older Adults 2017-2022, the committee had two objectives: to evaluate the activities of the past year and to adopt the five-year plan of research activities resulting from the agreement signed between the Secrétariat aux aînés and the University of Sherbrooke.
The Chair is proud to announce that the committee has reached a successful conclusion to the research objectives set during the past year. The committee also unanimously adopted the proposed five-year plan.
We would like to thank the members of the advisory committee for their involvement and constructive feedback during this meeting,
- Christian Barrette, Assistant Deputy Minister, Secrétariat aux aînés, Department of Family, Government of Quebec.
- Nicolas Berg, MD, Geriatrician, Director of Geriatric Services, Centre hospitalier régional de la Citadelle in Liège (Belgium) and President of Respect Seniors (Walloon agency dedicated to countering mistreatment of older adults).
- Mark Yaffe, BSc, MDCM, MClSc, CCFP, FCFP, Tenured Professor of Family Medicine, Dept. of Family Medicine, McGill University.
- Thérèse Audet, Vice-Dean of Graduate Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Studies, University of Sherbrooke.
- Brigitte Leduc, Vice-Rector of Research, University of Sherbrooke.