The Chair’s activities, in the fall of 2016, reflect a strong synergy between the structuring actions of the Action Plan to Counter Elder Abuse. (October 5, 2016)
In order to ensure consistency in countering mistreatment and also to improve the quality of life of older adults, it is essential that all these actions converge towards synergy. Several of the Chair’s activities scheduled for this fall underline this collaboration and cooperation:
- On October 20, the Chair will make a presentation at the Partners’ Day to Counter Mistreatment of Older Adults (for the Montréal area) regarding the IPRAS and Bridging projects, following the invitation of Marie Cantin, coordinator for this area;
- On October 31 and November 1, the Chair will participate in bi-annual training sessions for regional coordinators;
- On November 16, the Chair will attend the Forum estrien to make a presentation on the evolution of countering mistreatment of older adults in Québec, on the political, social and scientific levels, following the invitation of Paul Martel, coordinator for this area;
- On November 24, the Chair will make a presentation on good treatment at the Annual Forum of the Lanaudière region, following the invitation of Renée Desjardins, coordinator for this area;
- The Chair, the LAAA as well as other partners have established a working group in order to continue the conceptual clarification of older adult bullying and mistreatment (read the next news for more information).