The advisory committee of the Chair on comprises:
- Nicolas Berg, MD, geriatrician, Head of the Department of Geriatrics, Citadelle de Liège Hospital (Belgium) and President of Respect Seniors (Walloon agency responsible for responding to mistreatment of older adults)
- Mark Yaffe, MDCM, MCLSc, CCFP, FCFP, researcher and professor, St. Mary’s Hospital Center, McGill University
- Thérèse Audet, Associate Dean for Graduate Studies, Faculty of Art and Humanities, Université de Sherbrooke
- Brigitte Leduc, Vice-President, Research, Université de Sherbrooke
Representing the funder:
- Christian Barrette, Assistant Deputy Minister, Seniors’ Secretariat, Ministry of Family, Quebec Government
During the December 2 meeting, Marie Beaulieu, the Chairholder, with Roxane Leboeuf, the Chair’s coordinator, presented the summary of the annual activity report and the Chair’s financial statements whose reports were submitted to each member of the Committee on October 31, 2016. Marie Beaulieu also presented the work plan for next year. The members were given the opportunity to comment on the documents and discuss with the Chairholder and the Chair’s coordinator.
Members of the Advisory Committee underlined the significant reputation of the Chair, both in Quebec and worldwide. For the Advisory Committee, such a success is certainly a winning investment on a collective level. They also showed their appreciation regarding action-research projects, IPRAS and DAMIA that are in partnership with field actors. This type of project encourages the sharing of expertise and allows the two partners to mutually benefit from their assets, which have a positive impact on the older adults’ well-being.
The Chair’s seventh year of operation begins on a high note!