Under the supervision of Marie Beaulieu, the objective of this study was to update the Fact Quiz on the Mistreatment of Older Adults, first published in 2011. To do so, Annabelle reviewed and updated 10 of the 30 themes in the quiz:
- The definition of mistreatment;
- The relationship of trust;
- The violation of rights and freedoms, and ageism;
- Mistreatment in the housing sector;
- The rights of older adults in ethnocultural communities;
- Older adults in the LGBT community;
- Older adults in First Nations, Inuit, and Metis communities.
The update of the Factual Quiz was necessary because, since its publication in 2011, many international, national, and Quebec research projects have deepened the knowledge in this scientific domain.
Over the summer and fall, Anabelle will continue her work reviewing the state of knowledge, looking to publish a 2nd edition of the Fact Quiz on the Mistreatment of Older Adults in the 2019-2020 academic year.
To download a free copy of Annabelle’s thesis (in French only), please click on this link.