Facts on mistreatment of older adults Quiz I (all groups)
|The Facts on mistreatment of older adults Quiz I was developed based on the Facts on Aging Quiz by Palmore (1977), but adapted specifically to the issue of the mistreatment of older adults. Designed for anyone interested in or wishing to become familiar with the issue, this Quiz is a tool for awareness, education and training, brought on by means of eighteen topics on the mistreatment of older adults. Moreover, this tool has resulted in the publication of a book in April 2012, published at the Presses de l'Université Laval: La maltraitance envers les aînés. Changer le regard.|
- To encourage exchange and reflection related to the mistreatment of older adults (the Quiz does not aim to gauge participants’ knowledge or to ensure that they retain the answers to the Quiz)
- To promote awareness of the phenomenon of mistreatment
- To destroy the myths surrounding the mistreatment of older adults
- To propose updated knowledge on the mistreatment of older adults
- To give information on the resources
First, participants are invited to complete individually the Facts on mistreatment of older adults Quiz I. Subsequently, we take each of the eighteen questions/topics of the Quiz explaining the learning objectives of the question by presenting a reflexive component or a simulation exercise related to the issue, by giving the answer to the question, by exposing the explanation behind the answer whilst presenting complementary information related to the question. The following topics are covered: the definitions; the scope of the phenomenon; the forms of mistreatment; the forms of mistreatment specific to the context of housing; risk factors; vulnerability factors; the concept of gender; the authors of mistreatment; the consequences; the barriers to denunciation; the explanatory theories; the laws; prevention; screening; intervention; seniors’ associations; strain and stress; cultural aspects.
- One half-day workshop of three to four hours
- An hour and a half (only the questions that were the least well answered will be explained)
The training workshop is designed for those interested in and wishing to become familiar with the issue of the mistreatment of older adults (for example, groups of seniors, students, etc.). Since the Quiz was developed based on Quebec, Canadian and international scientific literature, the training workshop can also be provided outside Québec.
- Interactive presentation promoting exchange and reflection relating to the mistreatment of older adults
- Individual exercise: the participants are asked to complete the Facts on mistreatment of older adults Quiz I
- PowerPoint presentation
- Material provided to participants: a copy of the Facts on mistreatment of older adults Quiz I; a document presenting the answers to the questions and brief explanations of the topics covered in the Quiz I
How to register
*This training session has, up to now, been offered only in French. However, if you are interested in receiving it in English, please contact us.
1-819-780-2220, extension 45659